Share your park story throughout July for National Park & Recreation Month!Learn more
Parks and Recreation
Parks and Recreation
- Share your park story throughout July for National Park & Recreation Month!
- Add to our story! Donate children’s books in celebration of National Park and Recreation Month!
- Cheers! Adventurous A’fares
- Bring on the summer fun!
- Become a lifeguard! Receive free training if you apply with us. Pay starts at $11/hour.
- Free grab-and-go summer meals for ages 18 and younger.
- The dinosaurs have migrated...don't miss your chance to meet these extinct species!
- Reserve your pavilion online!
Add to our story! Donate children’s books in celebration of National Park and Recreation Month!Learn more
Cheers! Adventurous A’fares
Bring on the summer fun!Learn more
Become a lifeguard! Receive free training if you apply with us. Pay starts at $11/hour.Learn more
Free grab-and-go summer meals for ages 18 and younger.Learn more
The dinosaurs have migrated...don't miss your chance to meet these extinct species!Learn more
Reserve your pavilion online!Reserve here
Enjoy your parks safely!
Residents are encouraged to enjoy the outdoors for exercise and mental and physical health, while following health guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Things to know before you go
- Bottle filler/water fountains are available, please bring your own water bottle to stay hydrated.
- Use a "Leave No Trace" mentality. Bring a suitable trash bag and take everything out to help protect others
- Follow CDC guidelines such as:
- Wash hands thoroughly and frequently; carry hand sanitizer
- Practice coughing and sneezing etiquette
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick or exhibiting symptoms of illness
- Aquatic Center Guidelines:
Virtual Park Experience
Enjoy a virtual visit to the park and discover something new!
About Parks & Recreation
Many parks feature lovely views of woodlands, lakes, meadows, streams and gently rolling hills. The parks include several historic sites and museums to help you explore the past and enjoy Gwinnett County history. On an average day, the Community Recreation Centers are filled with a multitude of activities and events for infants to senior citizens.
Gwinnett boasts year-round recreation classes, special events, summer day camps, skate complexes, leisure activities, art classes, swimming pools, tennis courts, disc golf courses, sports fields, and much more! We strive to meet the recreational needs of every resident in Gwinnett. So come enjoy your parks and experience the best Gwinnett has to offer!
Mission, Vision, Values
In partnership with our citizens, Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation provides high quality, broad-based parks, facilities, programs, and services creating a sense of community, enabling a safe and secure environment, and enhancing Gwinnett's quality of life.
Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation pledges to sustain the delivery of the highest standard of excellence of parks, facilities, programs and services by:
Being responsive to the changing recreational needs of a diverse and growing community
Continue a citizen-driven and professional approach to provide safe, well designed and maintained facilities and programs
Providing responsible stewardship of human, fiscal, natural and historic resources
Maximizing community resources
We believe in honesty, integrity and ethical conduct
We are customer-oriented and both accountable and responsive to our citizens
We believe in teamwork and collaboration with our community partners
We promote safety, cost efficiency, innovation, and service excellence