Tree Advisory Committee
The Tree Advisory Committee was established October 26, 1999 by County resolution.
Members serve two-year terms.
The Committee consists of nine members as follows:
- Chairman Appointment
- District Commissioner – One appointment per District
- Development Advisory Committee Member
- Registered Landscape Architect
- Registered Forester
- Gwinnett Clean and Beautiful Representative
The Tree Advisory Committee meets quarterly on the second Monday of that month at 6:00pm at One Justice Square, Conference Room B. The Tree Advisory Committee shall meet at the call of its Chairman; at such times as the Committee may deem appropriate; upon the call of the Board of Commissioners or the Director of Planning & Development. Meetings shall be called as needed and no less than once a year.
No employee of Gwinnett County Government may be a member of the Tree Advisory Committee.
- To advise the Board of Commissioners and the Department of Planning & Development about issues and matters of concern regarding the preservation and replacement of trees
- To assist the Department of Planning & Development in the interpretation and implementation of the Buffer, Landscape and Tree Ordinance
- To review proposed new regulations and amendments to the Buffer, Landscape and Tree Ordinance and advise the Department of Planning and Development and Board of Commissioners about their impact and effectiveness
- To establish educational and other programs to encourage proper management and maintenance of trees in the unincorporated areas of the county
- To carry out such studies or investigations regarding trees and the land development process as the Board of Commissioners may request from time-to-time
The Tree Advisory Committee is established to review and recommend changes to, and to provide education programs about, the county’s tree preservation and replacement program as contained in the Buffer, Landscape and Tree Ordinance.
|Appointed By||Position||Name||Representing||Term Expires|
|Chairman's Appointment||Hilary Wilson||12/31/2021|
|District 2 Appointment||Candace Miller||12/31/2021|
|District 1 Appointment||Carol Hassell||12/31/2020|
|District 2 Appointment||Rod Goins||12/31/2021|
|District 3 Appointment||Tommy Loggins||12/31/2020|
|District 4 Appointment||Sam Stewart||12/31/2021|
|BoC Appointment||William Edwards||Development Advisory Committee Representative||12/31/2020|
|BoC Appointment||Steve Sappington||Registered Landscape Architect Representative||12/31/2020|
|BoC Appointment||Vice Chairperson||Chris Barneycastle||Registered Forester Representative||12/31/2021|
|BoC Appointment||Patrick Kien||Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful Representative||12/31/2021|