Zoning Board of Appeals
The Zoning Board of Appeals was established September 18, 1985 by a County Ordinance. The Board consists of five members with four members to be appointed from each of the four respective commission districts and one to be appointed by the Chairman.
- Members will elect a chairman and vice chairman and appoint a secretary who may be an employee of the county
- Members serve one-year terms
- Members are compensated $150 per meeting
The Zoning Board of Appeals meets the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30pm in the auditorium of the Gwinnett County Justice and Administration Center, 75 Langley Drive, Lawrenceville, GA 30046.
- Members must be a Gwinnett County resident.
- No member of the Zoning Board of Appeals shall simultaneously hold any employment or elected office within the Gwinnett County Government which is inconsistent with his or her duties on the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- One member of the Zoning Board of Appeals may be a member of the Planning Commission.
- To consider and decide upon appeals and variances from the strict application of the Zoning Resolution.
- To hear appeals by any person aggrieved or by any official of the county affected
- by any decision of the Director of the Department of Planning & Development;
- To hear and decide appeals when error has been alleged by the Director in the enforcement of zoning resolution;
- To hear and decide exceptions to the Zoning Resolution;
- To authorize variances from terms of the Zoning Resolution;
- To reverse decisions or determinations and issue or revoke a building or other permit.
|Appointed By||Position||Name||Representing||Term Expires|
|Chairman's Appointment||Jim Nash||02/28/2020|
|District 1 Appointment||Paula Hastings||02/28/2020|
|District 2 Appointment||Neil Schaap||02/28/2020|
|District 3 Appointment||Jeff Timler||02/28/2020|
|District 4 Appointment||Matt Peevy||02/28/2020|