Board of Construction Adjustments & Appeals
The Board of Adjustments and Appeals was established in 1979 by ordinance. Effective January, 1994, the Board was changed to the Board of Construction Adjustments and Appeals. The Board consists of eight members appointed by the Board of Commissioners (Gwinnett County employees cannot serve). The Director of the Department of Planning and Development or his designee functions as secretary for the Board and makes a detailed record of proceedings.
Members serve two-year staggered terms
- Appointments shall be effective January 1 of the first year of the term
- Members shall serve until replaced except that any member who is absent without cause from two consecutive meetings of the Board shall be automatically terminated from their appointment
Members are compensated $150 each per meeting attended
The Board of Construction Adjustments and Appeals meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 3:00pm in the Gwinnett Justice and Administration Center Auditorium located at 75 Langley Drive, Lawrenceville, GA 30046.
Members of the Board must be from the architectural, engineering, general contracting or building industry fields. The Board of Construction Adjustments and Appeals shall consist of eight members representing or having the following qualifications:
- One One Georgia Accessibility Representative
- One Registered Architect
- One Registered Civil Engineer
- One Registered Electrical Engineer
- One Registered Fire Protection Engineer
- One Registered Mechanical Engineer
- One Registered Structural Engineer
- One General Contracting Industry Representative
- To review and decide specific appeals made by individuals concerning the interpretation or administration of the Gwinnett County Construction Code which includes by reference; the Georgia State Minimum Standard Building Code, the Georgia State Minimum Standard Plumbing Code, the Georgia State Minimum Standard Electrical Code, the Georgia State Minimum Standard Mechanical Code, the Georgia State Minimum Standard Gas Code, the Georgia State Minimum Standard Energy Code, and the Georgia State Minimum Standard One and Two Family Dwelling Code.
- To review and decide specific appeals made by individuals concerning the interpretation or administration of the Gwinnett County Fire Prevention and Protection Ordinance, those certain codes and standards adopted and amended by the Rules and Regulations of the Safety Fire Commissioner, Rules and Regulations for the State Fire Safety Standards of the State of Georgia, under the authority of OCGA 25-2-4, 25-2-12 and 50-13-21.
- To review and decide specific appeals of interpretation by the Director and waiver requests from storm water requirements of Articles 7, 8, or 9 of the Development Regulations.
- To review and make recommendations concerning these codes to the Board of Commissioners.
- To make final decisions, subject to any action by law;
- To promptly and in writing, with vote indicated, notify the Department of Planning & Development of decisions.
|Appointed By||Position||Name||Representing||Term Expires|
|BoC Appointment||Louis T. Camerio Jr.||General Contractor Representative||12/31/2020|
|BoC Appointment||Linda Priest||Georgia Accessibility||12/31/2019|
|BoC Appointment||Dana Flowers||Registered Mechanical Engineer Representative||12/31/2020|
|BoC Appointment||Roger S. Lingerfelt||Registered Structural Engineer Representative||12/31/2020|
|BoC Appointment||Michael Clifford||Registered Architect Representative||12/31/2019|
|BoC Appointment||David Leonard||Registered Civil Engineer Representative||12/31/2019|
|BoC Appointment||Ronald L. Bolden||Registered Electrical Engineer Representative||12/31/2019|
|BoC Appointment||Thomas W. Gardner||Registered Fire Protection Engineer Representative||12/31/2020|