Events and Workshops
Events and Workshops
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and associated CDC guidelines for events and gatherings, some of DWR’s programs have been altered to keep our participants and our staff safe. Many of our events and workshops have gone virtual! Our volunteer opportunities have shrunk in size, but not in effect. We are still cleaning streams and removing invasive species, just in smaller groups. Be sure to check back on this page to find new event listings and volunteer opportunities. If you have ay questions or would like to register for a workshop or volunteer opportunity, please send an email to DWRworkshops@gwinnettcounty.com, or call 678.376.7193, option 5.
The Department of Water Resources (DWR) holds events and workshops year-round at locations throughout the county. There are numerous opportunities for you to get involved, give back, and learn how to conserve and protect our shared water resources, get tips on making your home more water-friendly, and more.
Preregistration is recommended for some events. Look for a link with the event information.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day
The February 2021 Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day was a great success! We look forward to seeing you at the next event this summer. Check back here for details!
Date: July 2021
Location: Gwinnett County Fairgrounds
2405 Sugarloaf Pkwy., Lawrenceville 30045
To ensure the safety of our attendees, staff, and vendors there will be certain precautions in place to help navigate the COVID-19 situation. This level of preparedness and awareness will enable a safe and successful event for everyone.
- These precautions could result in slight delays of one hour or more in line
- All attendees are required to stay in their cars at all times
- No refreshments will be offered, so please come prepared with water and a snack in case the line backs up
- No portable restrooms will be available
- Vehicle windows must remain up at all times while in the unloading zone
- Containers will not be returned; it is suggested to bring materials in disposal containers or boxes
- Materials that cannot be removed safely will remain in the vehicle and can be brought again at the next event
More event details will be available as we get closer to the event on our partners webpage at Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful.
The most prevalent type of HHW collected at these events is paint. In many cases, paint can be disposed of at home. Watch this educational video for tips on how and when to consider disposing of your paint containers at home.
In addition, we have a video version of our HHW Workshop that can offer useful information for how to dispose of recycle many Household Hazardous Wastes. Click here to watch the video.
Free Public Workshops
Water Conservation Workshop attendees receive water conservation kits, and Water Quality Workshop attendees may qualify for a 5 percent credit on their Stormwater Utility Fee.
These free programs are offered year-round. View the full workshop calendar here: 2021 Workshop Calendar or find more information in the Gwinnett County Connection newsletter, included with your monthly water bill.
Due to high demand, pre-registration is recommended for DWR Workshops. There are three simple ways to register:
- Click here for online registration.
- Click here to send an email. Please include your name, address, and telephone number.
- Call 678.376.7193. Choose option 5. If you leave a voicemail, please include your name, address, and phone number.