Events and Workshops
Events and Workshops
*Due to the cancellation of the Spring Cleaning and Household Hazardous Waste Management Workshop originally scheduled for April 14th, we have created a video version to provide our residents with information on how to store, recycle, and dispose of common household hazardous waste. To view this informational video, please click here.
The Department of Water Resources (DWR) holds events and workshops year-round at locations throughout the county. There are numerous opportunities for you to get involved, give back, and learn how to conserve and protect our shared water resources, get tips on making your home more water-friendly, and more.
Preregistration is recommended for some events. Look for a link with the event information.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day
Date: July 18, 2020
Location: Gwinnett Fairgrounds
2405 Sugarloaf Pkwy
To ensure the safety of our attendees, staff, and vendors there will be certain precautions in place to help navigate the COVID-19 situation. This level of preparedness and awareness will enable a safe and successful event for everyone.
- These precautions could result in slight delays of one hour or more in line
- All attendees are required to stay in their cars at all times
- No refreshments will be offered, so please come prepared with water and a snack in case the line backs up
- No portable restrooms will be available
- Vehicle windows must remain up at all times while in the unloading zone
- Containers will not be returned; it is suggested to bring materials in disposal containers or boxes
- Materials that cannot be removed safely will remain in the vehicle and can be brought again at the next event
For more information such as accepted materials and quantity limits, please visit our partners at Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful.
We also have a video version of our HHW Workshop that can offer useful information for how to dispose of recycle many Household Hazardous Wastes. Click here to watch the video.
Free Public Workshops
Water Conservation Workshop attendees receive water conservation kits, and Water Quality Workshop attendees may qualify for a 5 percent credit on their Stormwater Utility Fee.
These free programs are offered year-round. View the full workshop calendar here: 2020 Water Workshops Calendar or find more information in the Gwinnett County Connection newsletter, included with your monthly water bill.
Due to high demand, pre-registration is recommended for DWR Workshops. There are three simple ways to register:
- Click here for online registration.
- Click here to send an email. Please include your name, address, and telephone number.
- Call 678.376.7193. Choose option 5. If you leave a voicemail, please include your name, address, and phone number.