Page Content Portlet
Additional Election Information
- Georgia has a General Election every year on the Tuesday following the first Monday in November.
- Federal offices are elected in even-numbered years.
- State and Local offices are elected in even-numbered years.
- Mayor and Council Members for municipalities are elected based on individual city charters. Those elections are conducted in both even and odd years.
- Georgia is an Open Primary state which means that any registered voter in Georgia can vote in either a Democratic or Republican primary. When both parties are holding a primary election, you will be asked which primary you want to vote in when you check-in with your photo ID.
- Note: You may only vote in one primary per election.