Page Content Portlet
Additional Election Information
- Georgia has a General Election every year on the Tuesday following the first Monday in November.
- Federal offices are elected in even-numbered years.
- State and Local offices are elected in even-numbered years.
- Mayor and Council Members for municipalities are elected based on individual city charters. Those elections are conducted in both even and odd years.
- Georgia is an Open Primary state which means that any registered voter in Georgia can vote in either a Democratic or Republican primary. When both parties are holding a primary election, you will be asked which primary you want to vote in when you check-in with your photo ID.
Note: You may only vote in one primary per election.
Citizens interested in learning more about voting, elected officials, government, and candidates may want to visit the external websites below. The addresses listed are for information only and do not imply an endorsement for any organization or political issue.
Gwinnett County Government does not manage or maintain these websites.