Internships and Apprenticeships
Page Content Portlet
Intern/Apprenticeship Program Information
Local government internships play a vital role in helping communities thrive. Internships are not only about professional growth — they are also where learning and real-world application meet.
Gwinnett County Government offers a variety of summer internship opportunities for local high school and college students throughout the County. Our interns commit to a 4-to-6-week summer program aligned to various Gwinnett County departments. The experience is designed to give exposure to careers in public service and the inner workings of what it takes to keep a county of more than a million people moving.
The internship programs available with the County are as follows:
- Empower Gwinnett Government Internship Program
- Gwinnett Community Services
- Summer seasonal camp positions with the Department of Community Services can be found on our Job Opportunities page.
- Gwinnett Water Resources
- Internships with the Department of Water Resources can be found on our Job Opportunities page.
- Gwinnett Youth Police Academy
- Junior District Attorney and Investigator Mentorship Program
- Summer Mentoring in Legal Education (S.M.I.L.E.) Gwinnett County Mentorship Program
Volunteer internships with the County are available year-round and are listed on the Volunteer Gwinnett webpage. For more information on volunteer opportunities, contact Muriam Nafees at Muriam.Nafees@GwinnettCounty.com.
The Georgia County Internship Program connects college students with Georgia county internships. The program provides students with opportunities to intern in various county departments throughout the state for a hands-on understanding of the inner workings of county government. The Georgia County Internship Program is a partnership of the Association County Commissioners of Georgia and the Atlanta Regional Council for Higher Education.