Questions About Bill Estimation?Read More
- Questions About Bill Estimation?
- Save Time, Pay Online
- Find out about water projects in your area!
- Replacing an Aerator
- Want to learn more about how to find and fix leaks? Check out our leak detection page.
- Interested in learning about how to conserve water outdoors or build a rain garden? Check out our upcoming workshops!
Save Time, Pay OnlineRead More
Find out about water projects in your area!Learn More
Replacing an AeratorLearn More
Want to learn more about how to find and fix leaks? Check out our leak detection page.Learn More
Interested in learning about how to conserve water outdoors or build a rain garden? Check out our upcoming workshops!Learn More
Changes to U.S. First Class Mail Delivery Times May Affect You
Please note: We are experiencing higher than normal call volumes. Paying your bill online is the fastest and easiest way to ensure your payment is made on time.
We are currently experiencing delays in the processing and mailing of some bills. If your bill has not been received, you may visit us online at www.gwinnetth2o.com/paymybill to set up an account, view a copy of your recent bill or bill history, and even sign up for convenient paperless billing.
These delays may result in some customers receiving two mailed bills very close to each other, with the amount due from the first bill showing as a past due forwarded balance on the next months’ bill. This is a timing issue, and late charges will not apply.
Please note, if your bill has been estimated, the estimation notice at the top of your bill will override any other messages applicable to your account:
- For customers enrolled in AutoPay, your payment is still scheduled to draft even though the notice does not appear at the top of your bill. In some cases, bills have been delayed, so payments may be deducted a few days later than usual. This is a timing issue and late charges will not apply.
- Customers scheduled for disconnection will continue to receive a separate postcard showing the disconnection message details which usually appear at the top of the bill.
For questions about billing estimations, visit our estimation FAQ page.
2020 Water Resources Consumer Confidence Report Available
Gwinnett County Department of Water Resources' Mission and Vision
The mission of Gwinnett County Department of Water Resources is to provide superior water services at an excellent value.
We value an inclusive culture that advances excellence in service, stewardship, integrity, and innovation.
Now You Can Pay Your Water Bill at Western Union Locations
You can conveniently pay your Gwinnett County water bill at thousands of Western Union Quick Collect locations nationwide!
- Bring your Gwinnett County water bill to any Western Union location: GCGA.us/WesternUnion
- A Western Union agent will assist you with your payment to: Gwinnett County Water
- Allow up to three days for payment processing to avoid late fees or disconnection
- If you are paying on the day of a scheduled disconnection, please call Gwinnett Water Resources at 678.376.6800 to confirm payment
- Please note that convenience fees apply