Aquatic Rental Guidelines
Aquatic Rental Guidelines
Page Content Portlet
Aquatic Rental Guidelines
Community Services encourages interested renters to read the terms and conditions before committing to making a reservation. Upon reservation, renters can expect to provide: their signature agreeing to the below guidelines, security and damage deposit, and any required documentation. Contact the facility for more information or questions.
Return the signed agreement at least seven days prior to the rental date and request approval for any additional or special activities, vendors, equipment, or furnishings.
Vendors (caterers, deejays, event planners, etc.) must provide and maintain a copy of their Certificate of Liability Insurance with a minimum $1,000,000 each occurrence general liability, listing Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners, 75 Langley Drive, Lawrenceville, GA 30046 as an additional insured and as the certificate holder.
Onsite caterers serving/distributing food/beverages must complete a Food Service Authorization and Indemnification at least 14 days prior to the rental date. Community Services suggests caterers follow Live Healthy Gwinnett’s Health and Wellness Standards.
The renter must be at least 21 years old, be present during the entire rental time, and is responsible for the rental. The renter must provide adult supervision with one adult (at least 21 years old) for every 10 minors. The renter and guests may not interfere with other facility areas or activities (facilities offer simultaneous public services and rentals and may not be closed during the rental time).
Community Services prohibits the following due to environmental and safety concerns:
- Alcoholic beverages (certain Community Services locations allow alcoholic beverages with an approved permit)
- Tobacco and vape products
- Deep fryers
- Open flames (decorative candles or tea lights must be contained in glass containers and placed on heat-resistant surfaces)
- Rice, birdseed, confetti, glitter, etc. (bubbles, flower petals, glow sticks, kazoos, paper airplanes, pinwheels, or other non-slip items suggested)
- Non-weighted and untied helium balloons (floating balloons that reach the ceiling may set off security and fire alarms)
- Pyrotechnics and flammable and combustible liquids
- Marquee access and use
The rental time includes setup and cleanup. Exceeding the rental time will incur additional hourly fees (up to double the hourly rate). Community Services will conduct a pre- and post-rental checklist and provide a one-time setup with facility tables and chairs, trash cans and liners, cleaning supplies, and ice for the renter’s container (as requested).
The renter must:
- Affix or hang decorations, signage, and banners using scotch or low tack adhesive tape on the walls, tables, and chairs (not from the rafters, light fixtures, window blinds, or curtains) during the rental time
- Treat all furnishings and equipment with respect and proper use, including moving furnishings by lifting (not dragging) to avoid damage
- Inform staff of spills and damage for immediate cleanup
- Remove all decorations, banners, signs, strings, and tape during cleanup
- Dispose of trash in the dumpster or designated locations
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum floors as needed
- Wipe down used tables and counters
Security & Damage Deposit
The renter assumes liability for all damages, including, but not limited to: damaged or unclean equipment, furnishings, rooms, and/or grounds and improper renter/guest conduct, such as physical violence, abusive or threatening language, lewd behavior, apparent intoxication, etc. as determined by Community Services. Community Services will withhold any damage fees from the security and damage deposit and bill the renter any damages in excess of the deposit. Community Services will process the refund the next business day after the rental date (credit/debit payments typically take five to seven business days to post and check/money order payments typically take four to six weeks to arrive via mail).
The renter must provide a written request to:
- Change the number of guests at least seven days prior to the rental date
- Extend the rental time at least seven days prior to the rental date
- Reschedule the rental within one year of the original rental date at least 30 days prior to the rental date
- Cancel the rental and receive a refund (including due to inclement weather)
- 30 days or more prior to rental date: 100% refund minus $25 cancellation fee
- 29 to 8 days prior to rental date: 50% refund minus $25 cancellation fee
- 7 days or less prior to rental date: 0% refund/program credit only
- Community Services will process the refund the next business day after receiving the written cancellation (credit/debit payments typically take five to seven business days to post and check/money order payments typically take four to six weeks to arrive via mail)
Community Services does not guarantee closure due to inclement weather. In case of facility closure due to inclement weather, Community Services will cancel and reschedule the rental at no additional cost to the renter. In case of inclement weather on weekends, Community Services will inform the renter regarding the status of the rental.
All applicable federal, state, and local regulations, ordinances, and rules apply. Community Services does not assume liability or responsibility for any copyright or trademark infringement associated with the rental.
Community Services reserves the right to:
- Cancel the rental at any time
- Close for holidays and emergencies
- Decorate outside and inside lobbies for holidays
- Enforce Gwinnett County rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Monitor rentals to ensure the integrity of the equipment, furnishings, rooms, and facility, as well as sound amplifying equipment and noise levels and notify the renter of adjustments as necessary to maintain Gwinnett County noise ordinance levels
- Require uniformed public safety officers who are not guests of the rental (the renter assumes responsibility for scheduling and paying the uniformed public safety officers)
- Deny vendors access to Gwinnett County property who have not submitted proper documentation and insurance
- Community Services reserves the right to request general liability insurance and proof of coach and instructor certification
- The renter and guests must exit the facility at the end of the rental (anyone who choose to stay must pay the daily admission fee again)