Gwinnett...Great Place To Live
Gwinnett County has been one of America’s fastest growing counties for the last 20 years. Our dynamic and exciting county combines the best of big city living with the comforts of the suburbs – classic southern charm mixed with vibrant, contemporary living. The Gwinnett County public school system, as well as numerous private schools, are consistently top rated. Our area healthcare, anchored by Northside Hospital and Kaiser, are award-winning. The park system comprises over forty county parks, the largest being nearly 2,000 acres. The cost of living is average, with the median home price being approximately $187,000.
Gwinnett...Great Place To Work
The Gwinnett County Police Department is premier law enforcement agency. With new equipment, the latest technology, 12-hour shifts, myriad opportunities for specialized units, and competitive pay, in conjunction with a strong, vibrant relationship with our community, the Gwinnett County Police Department is a great place to work. For example, after two years of employment, officers have the ability to test for or transfer to S.W.A.T., K-9, Aviation, Criminal Investigations, Special Investigations, Accident Investigation Unit, Crime Prevention/Community Relations, Gangs, and more.
In addition to all the other benefits and opportunities listed, the Gwinnett County Police Department also boasts of modern technology and equipment. Our fleet of police vehicles averages five years old, Axon cameras and Taser X2s are standard issue, a completely new RMS system will be integrated in 2021, and a new real time crime center will be operational in 2021. Our Aviation Unit is flying a new MD530F helicopter and a 2015 overhauled MD500E, and our other specialized units are continually obtaining state-of-the-art equipment to best protect our officers and to give us a competitive edge on fighting crime.
Gwinnett...Great Place To Play
Gwinnett County boasts a wide variety of arts and entertainment, sports and recreation, and shopping and dining. From our professional AAA baseball team, the Gwinnett Stripers, to our numerous malls and more than 40 parks, there’s never a dull moment in Gwinnett County!
If we haven’t yet convinced you that Gwinnett is an incredible opportunity, the recreational opportunities will. We’ve listed a few examples below, but to appreciate the expansiveness of Gwinnett County, check out Explore Gwinnett.
- Over forty county parks and five federal parks
- Professional sports teams (Gwinnett Stripers, Georgia Swarm, Gwinnett Gladiators)
- Nearby professional sports teams (Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Hawks, Atlanta United, Atlanta Braves, and Atlanta Dream)
- Lake Lanier (37,066 acres) and Chattahoochee River
- Stone Mountain Park
- The Mall of Georgia (Georgia’s largest mall)
- Infinite Energy Center (venue for concerts, sports events, conventions, and more)
- Briscoe Field municipal airport (third busiest airport in Georgia)
- Golf, including the Sugarloaf County Club (Mitsubishi Classic) and Bear Best (Golf magazine’s Top 10)
- Popular weekly events and concerts hosted by many of the Gwinnett cities
- Vibrant arts culture (Aurora Theater, Red Clay Music Foundry, Hudgens Center for the Arts, Everett Music Barn, and much more)