SMOKING AND VAPOR FUMES CAUSE CAR FIRE 7049 JIMMY CARTER BLVD

(Peachtree Corners, Ga., Nov. 27, 2021) – At 2:19 p.m., firefighters responded to the report of a vehicle fire with someone trapped inside at the HomeTowne Studios located at 7049 Jimmy Carter Boulevard in Peachtree Corners.

On arrival, crews found two patients on the ground. They had been pulled out of a vehicle that had been on fire, but good Samaritans grabbed fire extinguishers from walkways at the extended stay facility to put the fire out. These two patients were rapidly transported to an emergency room for injuries consistent with this type of incident. Someone else expressed the need for medical attention after assisting the two patients out of the smoldering vehicle. This patient was also taken to an area hospital for further treatment.

A Fire Investigator responded to the scene and was able to determine that vapor fumes from a gas can mixed with the individuals smoking inside of the vehicle are what caused the fire.

EQUIPMENT AT THE SCENE INCLUDED: 1-Fire Truck, 3-Med Units, 1-Battalion Chief, 1-Fire Investigator, and 1-PIO.

Back to previous page