News and Notices
News and Notices
Notice Application Submittal to the Planning Division
PROCEDURE FOR VARIANCE APPLICATION PROCESS STARTING DECEMBER 1st, 2019
In an effort to present choice opportunities to Gwinnett County Planning and Development customers, beginning December 1, 2019, all customers seeking a variance from the Unified Development Ordinance will be required to schedule and complete a pre-application meeting with a Development Review Planner prior to the submittal of any variance application.
Pre-application meetings will assure customers are thoroughly informed about the options, processes, and appropriate documentation in respect to obtaining a variance. Moreover, in-depth discussion with the customer will allow for the planner to provide comprehensive reports for review and resolution by the Zoning Board of Appeals or Director of Planning and Development.
To schedule a pre-application meeting, please speak with one of the Planning and Development staff members located at 446 West Crogan Street, Suite 150, or contact the Department of Planning and Development at 678.518.6000.
Erosion & Sediment Control & Solid Waste Management Affidavit Eliminated From All Permit Applications
Due to changes in departmental procedure, the Department of Planning and Development no longer requires the Erosion & Sediment Control & Solid Waste Management Affidavit to be submitted for building and development permits applied for on or after 8/2/2019.
For questions, contact Building Permits staff at 678.518.6020 regarding building permits and Development Review staff at 678.518.6000 regarding development permits.
Click here to view the department Official Notice.
Electronic Stamp Process for Authorized Projects
Department News & Notices
- Variance Application Memo - Effective 2019
- Erosion & Sediment Control & Solid Waste Management Affidavit Eliminated From All Permit Applications Memo - Effective 2019
- Electronic Stamp Process for Authorized Projects Memo - Effective 2019
- Stormwater Pipe Bedding Standards Notice - Effective 2018
- Specimen Tree Survey Submittal Memo - Effective 2017
- Storm Sewer CCTV Requirement Memo - Effective 2017
- Changes to Certificate of Development Conformance (CDC) Review Process Memo - Effective 2017
- Insulation Inspection for New Residences - Effective 2017
- NPDES Certification Notice - Effective 2016
- Traffic Calming Design Standards Notice - Effective 2016
- Solid Waste Fee Procedures - Effective 2013