GCPD Searching for Diverse Team of New Chaplains
(Lawrenceville, Georgia) Gwinnett County Police Department is looking for a team of new police Chaplains to help comfort and counsel those in need during law enforcement related incidents. Police Chaplains play a very unique role in law enforcement by responding to the scene of traumatic events and helping those in need. Police Chaplains also serve those within the department who are dealing with personal stress, family crisis, or need help understanding employee assistance programs. We are looking for a team of highly motivated Chaplains from every religious denomination to help serve the diverse population of Gwinnett County. Anyone interested in the program will be required to complete a volunteer application. Additionally, candidates will be required to submit to a background check which may include a criminal history check, driving history check, references etc.
Applicants for Chaplain will meet, and if appointed maintain, the following qualifications:
- Applicants will be regularly ordained members of the clergy of his/her own religious denomination for at least two (2) years.
- Applicants, who are not members of the Department, must be endorsed by their religious organization and remain in good standing with his or her religious denomination. A letter from, or copy of, the religious order's certification will be provided.
- Applicants, who are not members of the Department, must be engaged in the active ministry as a principal vocation in life for a minimum of two (2) years.
- Applicants must possess good moral character and a broad base of experience, emotional stability and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Applicants must have been found after examination by a licensed physician or surgeon, to be free from any physical, emotional, or mental conditions that might adversely affect their exercising the duties of a police Chaplain.
- Applicants will meet other qualifications established by the Chief of Police, in cooperation with the Director of Chaplaincy Programs, for criminal and driving history.
Here is the link to the Volunteer Application: https://www.gwinnettcounty.com/portal/gwinnett/Departments/Police/VolunteerOpportunities
If anyone has any questions about the program feel free to contact: Sergeant Mario DePaoli 770-513-5216