SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK ON THE FUTURE OF GWINNETT’S PARKS ONLINE OR AT AN IN-PERSON MEETING
(Lawrenceville, Ga., Jan. 27, 2020) — Gwinnett County Government is seeking feedback from residents on the future of parks in Gwinnett. The Parks and Recreation Division is launching a comprehensive parks and recreation master plan to understand how the county is changing and to establish a long-range vision for advancing the County’s resources over the next 10 years.
“Public input is the centerpiece to what makes Gwinnett County Parks great,” said Mark Patterson, deputy director of Community Services. “Our objective is to be inclusive to our park users which allows the staff to provide lifelong experiences for our residents and visitors.”
To share their feedback, residents are invited to attend one of several meetings to learn more about the plan and share their ideas.
Meetings are scheduled for:
- Jan. 30, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Bethesda Park Senior Center, 225 Bethesda Church Road, Lawrenceville. Call (678) 277-0880 for more information.
- Jan. 30, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Lilburn Activity Building, 788 Hillcrest Road, Lilburn. Call (678) 277-0875 for more information.
- Feb. 11, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at OneStop Centerville, 3025 Bethany Church Road, Snellville. Call (678) 277-0228 for more information.
- Feb. 13, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Dacula Park Activity Building, 2735 Auburn Avenue, Dacula. Call (678) 277-0850 for more information.
- Feb. 18, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at George Pierce Park Community Recreation Center, 55 Buford Highway, Suwanee. Call (678) 277-0910 for more information.
- Feb. 20, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Bogan Park Community Recreation Center, 2723 North Bogan Road, Buford. Call (678) 277-0850 for more information.
- Feb. 25, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Shorty Howell Park Activity Building, 2750 Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth. Call (678) 277-0900 for more information.