You can use information found on your water bill to determine your family’s daily per person use number so you can see how you compare. Just follow these steps:
1. Locate the section on your water bill where it says “Usage History”.
2. The top line of this section shows your usage for “This Month”. Look for the number listed under “Consumption”. Let’s say it’s 6.3.
3. Multiply your consumption number by 1,000 to get the total number of gallons your household used this billing period. In our example, that would be 6,300 gallons.
4. Divide your total number of gallons by the number of “Billing Days” in the billing cycle. The resulting number is your average daily HOUSEHOLD use. If the number of days is 30, the average daily household use in this example is 210 gallons.
5. For average daily PER PERSON use, just divide your average daily household use by the number of persons living in your home. If there are three people living in this household, that would be 70 gallons per person, per day.